Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Let´s play how many peruanos we can fit in one cambi
Cambis are those taxi-vans I´ve been talking about. Essentially, they are just vans with the seats taken out and small rows and bars to hold onto on the ceiling instead. Today, I played how many peruanos can we fit in one cambi, oh and don´t forget the tall, white girl too. Twenty-five. Yup, you read correctly, twenty-five. Most are sitting in seats, but some are standing, holding onto the bars. I try and get a seat as fast as possible because I don´t quite fit standing like the peruanos. They drive like downtown L.A., well maybe worse. I´ve learned to just forget about it and look at the sights out the window. Don´t worry mom, granny, and grandma. I´ve yet to see an accident or a car with a dent in it. I´m fine, don´t worry. It´s part of the experience. After class today, I started walking to la plaza, when I saw this cute little cafe, so I went in. They had alfajores! As of now, my life is complete. I had the best dark hot chocolate I have ever had and this alfajor that my mouth is watering for right now. Guess how much I paid? 4 soles. That´s not even $1.50. Life is good. I only spend $1/day on cambis and internet for 2 hours. I´m going to have to add $1.50 to that now that I found this cafe. Last night, Ivan (my host dad) made crepes with dulce de leche. No matter what Americans say, dulce de leche is nothing like carmel. It´s SO much better! There are some foods that I´m not that big a fan of, but overall it´s really incredible. I´ve decided to blog as much as possible, because I don´t write in my journal like I´m supposed to. I´ll print this off someday and put it in a journal. So you don´t have to read it, it´s mainly for my benefit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh! I LOVE Dulce de Leche! There is nothing like it!! :D
ReplyDeleteI actually understand the whole cambi thing, same thing happened in China 22 in a Chinese cambi ha ha fun times. I love you!
ReplyDelete